Bridesmaids – do they know their role? Are they sure what to do? It’s wonderful being asked… but let’s see who gets it right.
There seems nowadays to be some questions as to what the bridesmaids’ role and duties are on a bride’s special day.
As a bridesmaid, you may be responsible for purchasing your dress and accessories. In some cases, the bride makes the choice on the style and colour of dress required. In other cases, the maid of honour could help in the selection process. Bridesmaids also help plan, pay for and attend the hen party.
Lot of jobs need to done for a wedding. The following are ‘must-dos’ when planning a wedding. So how many of your Bridal party do their job?
- Bridesmaid’s Dress – This is essential. As a bridesmaid, you may be responsible for purchasing your dress and accessories. In some cases, the bride makes the choice on the style and colour of dress required. In other cases, the maid of honour could help in the selection process. You will need to attend dress fittings, and be open to wearing whatever the bride wants for her big day.
- Hen Party – Help plan, pay for and attend the hen party. The maid of honour is typically in charge of this event, but all bridesmaids can contribute to the cost and planning.
- Attend Pre-Wedding Events – Prior to a wedding, there are a number of events to attend. If there is one, attend the engagement party. It is necessary to be at the wedding rehearsal and rehearsal dinner.
- Wedding and Bridal Gifts – Talk with the other bridesmaids to select wedding and bridal gifts. Pick a budget and stick to it to avoid overspending.
- Help with Wedding Planning – If the bride asks for assistance with invitations, decorations, cake tasting, or other things associated with the wedding planning let her know how much you can help with and when. Do not commit to everything if you do not have the time.
During the wedding
These items are things you can expect to take care of on the wedding day to help keep the bride calm, looking good, and organised.
- Emergency Kit – The bride has so many things on her mind that they last thing she needs to worry about is carrying around an emergency kit. The emergency kit should contain make up for doing any necessary touch-ups, dental floss, safety pins, aspirin, a mobile phone, and other essentials to help the bride in a pinch when an emergency strikes.
- Be the Bride’s personal mirror – Throughout the wedding day, the bride is going to be meeting and greeting many people. She is going to be so busy she may forget to check her makeup, her hair, or she may need someone to tell her she has food in her teeth. As a bridesmaid, or maid of honour, you are responsible for ensuring the bride looks her best.
After the wedding
Gifts – The newlyweds may assign this duty to someone else, but as a bridesmaid discuss with the bride who will be responsible for gathering all of the wedding gifts after the ceremony, and taking them either to the newlyweds home or alternative location for safe keeping until they return from their honeymoon.
Clean up – In some cases, the bridal party – bridesmaids and groomsmen – may need to stay after the reception to help clean up the venue. Verify with the bride and groom prior to the wedding day if this will be required of you or if there is a clean-up crew on staff at the reception venue.
One extra job added in, is helping with Bride with her dress, flowers, and everything she needs for getting in and out of the car. Don’t just leave it to her, her Dad, or the chauffeur. Make sure her dress is sitting correctly for photos, flowers are with her, and her make up is still perfect.
Sometimes bridesmaids travel to the ceremony location before the bride, make sure the maid of honour is around to help at both ends of the transport.
At Always Chauffeur we consider ourselves to be part of the wedding party, we take some of these worries away from the bridesmaids. We always carry an emergency kit, so whatever happens we will be able to help out. From a sewing kit in case of wardrobe malfunctions to sweets to help to calm the nerves we will do everything we can to make your day special. We also have umbrellas in our cars in case of a sudden shower, and will carry an umbrella over the bride so she can reach the wedding venue looking her best. Our chauffeurs are always happy to help everyone get in and out of the car if they need a hand. We have experience in making sure weddings go without a hitch, that’s why it’s good to hire wedding cars from Always Chauffeur.
If you want to book a car, or have questions please use the form below and we will be happy to help you.